Neymar and Alvaro Gonzalez both CLEARED of making alleged ‘discriminatory remarks’ in bust up during PSG’s clash with Marseille after Brazilian star was accused of calling Hiroki Sakai ‘a Chinese s***’
- Neymar and Alvaro Gonzalez were both cleared of wrongdoing after recent spat
- The pair were involved in a furious bust up during PSG’s game against Marseille
- Neymar accused Alvaro of racially abusing him in the row at Parc des Princes
- It was then claimed Neymar had made a homophobic comment towards Alvaro
- The Brazilian was then accused of calling Marseille’s Hiroki Sakai ‘a Chinese s***’
The Discipline Commission of the Ligue de Football Professionel (LFP) said on Wednesday: ‘After examining the file, hearing the players and the representatives of the clubs, the Commission notes that it does not have sufficient convincing evidence to allow it to establish the materiality of the facts of discriminatory remarks’.
Neymar was sent off and banned for two matches for hitting Marseille’s Alvaro earlier this month, with the PSG star later accusing the Spanish defender of racial abuse towards him.
Neymar and Alvaro Gonzalez have been cleared of any wrongdoing after their chaotic end to the match between PSG and Marseille
Neymar (right) was accused of calling Marseille defender Hiroki Sakai (left) a ‘Chinese s***’
Gonzalez and Marseille claimed to possess evidence that it was in fact Neymar who made a racist slur during the match by calling defender Sakai a ‘Chinese s***’.
A Spanish TV network also accused the PSG star of making a homophobic slur, calling Gonzalez ‘a f***ing queer’ in the violent incident.
Neymar was one of three PSG players to receive red cards in the fiery encounter.
Layvin Kurzawa was handed a six-game ban for his role in the brawl while Leandro Paredes was given the same punishment as Neymar.
Angel Di Maria also had to attend a league disciplinary committee meeting over claims he spat at an opponent.
On the Marseille side, Jordan Amavi and Dario Benedetto were given a three and one-match ban respectively.
Neymar (right) himself accused Alvaro Gonzalez (left) of Marseille of making a racial slur
Neymar (middle) was sent off in the 1-0 defeat by Marseille in September for hitting Gonzalez
A brawl in the final minutes of the PSG-Marseille match ensued at the Parc des Princes
Jordan Amavi (second left) has three-game ban and PSG’s Leandro Paredes has two-game ban
After the match, Neymar vented his fury at Alvaro Gonzalez over the alleged abuse.
The Brazilian attacker tweeted: ‘You are not a man to assume your mistake, losing is part of the sport. Now insulting and bringing racism into our lives no, I don’t agree.’
Gonzalez himself had tweeted: ‘There is no place for racism… Sometimes you have to learn to lose and take it on the field. Incredible 3 points today. Allez l’OM. Thanks family.’
‘Olympique de Marseille is satisfied with the disciplinary committee’s decision tonight on Alvaro Gonzalez,’ Marseille said on Twitter after the verdict had been announced.
‘Alvaro is not racist, any accusation against him on this subject is unfair and unfounded. Olympique de Marseille is and will remain the club of anti-racism.’
Have something to say? Leave a comment: